Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ashes of the Dawn Forum Index -> RP Story Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Acelle
Cone of Shame

re: Officer's Journal # 150

It speaks to me. Whispering words into my head asking for, no begging for, an end. The voice it uses changes with every word. I can 'feel' it's presence, in my mind. Even in my dreams I can see it. The axe knows it's purpose as well as I do; to serve as a weapon of unparallelled power. To end the Lich King and the Scourge. To create this weapon, I have enlisted the assistance of the Ebon Blade and their Highlord, Darion Mograine. The weapon of my revenge.

I have been waiting so long for this moment, to avenge my wife and daughter. Even now I can sense him. I can sense his fear and uncertainty. He mocks me with words sent into my mind through the axe, taunting me. Threatening me. My anger and thirst for retribution against this monster fuels me and keeps me warm when the frozen rations and weather cannot.

The draenei I have been mentoring is almost done with her training. Seella. She will want to come with us in the first wave as we enter the citadel. It is no place for her. Her light will become strangled, dimmed and ultimately extinguished. Here I must go in without her.

The gates guarding the entrance to the citadel have been broken under our combined efforts of the Alliance and the Horde. We will begin our assault in the next day or so.

I will be ready.

No one will stop me from having my revenge upon the Lich King.

re: Officer's Journal Entry #534

A lot of things have changed since my last writing. Seella has given birth to a new baby boy. Our house is getting quite full, with Leitha, Jayla, and now our newborn. Oh and all the small animals that Seella has rescued from captiivty and neglect by the mogu and their allies. It reminds me of my childhood on the farm my parents had, long ago. The smell of fresh hay, sounds of the animals they make as they go along their daily rituals, and the laughter of our children as they run about and play games with each other and the neighboring pandaren young.

You could say that it is peaceful here, but as I or anyone else will tell you it is a false security. The trolls have resurrected a terrible mogu that the pandaren have named the Thunder King, and he lays wait on an island nearby, building his armies to invade and conquer. The Alliance has preemptively landed and established a foothold on the island in preparation for eliminating this new threat; as have the Horde. Jaina is leading the operation there, it is my hope that she does not cause any issues even given the loss of her city to the Horde.

The reports I have been given claim also that Garrosh, their warchief, has fallen out of favor with the horde in full. Perhaps this would be a good time to oust this. ... Person, I should make a note to speak with SI:7 about this as well. Maybe when the time comes, the Alliance will have some input on who will be their next warchief; given that the current one used a mana bomb to annihlate one of our cities. Given the history between us, I doubt it though.

One report particularly troubles me, though. The Horde have supposedly begun excavation inside the vale of eternal blossoms; looking for something. No one seems to know what it is. I'm suprised that the Shado-pan or the pandaren have allowed them to do this to their supposedly sacred place. Maybe they have a secret pact or agreement on what they are digging for? Another note for SI:7 to check out.

I look up at a shout and see Leitha smiling as she chases Jayla around the house. She has come such a long way since her rescue from the Hillsbrad death camp. I thank the light that she has come into our lives, and us into hers. Etsiyona comes around more often than not nowadays, with her trademark gruffness that fades instantly when the children see her. Maybe she has found a bit of peace herself. For that I am glad.

As for the War Council, it is no longer needed as our king has laid out his plans. I have disbanded it, with the caveat that it may be needed again in the future. As for myself, there is no retirement plans in the making. For us Grand Marshals, our work is never done; even in peacetime.

re: Officer's Journal entry #514

Theramore has been destroyed. The mana bomb that was crafted by the blood elves was detonated over the city, causing a giant crater to form in the middle where Jaina's tower once stood. The loss of life is in the hundreds. There are human shaped shadows on the wall where people stood; the light burning their image into the stone. A strange sickness came over me when I came to inspect the damage; my vision blurred and wavered as if watching through water filled glasses. A side effect of the bomb, some said. Others were not as well off. They were sent back to the ship to recover. My only consolation was that I had the foresight to order the evacuation of the city beforehand. How did we miss this? How did they manage to hide such a massive weapon of destruction from our sight? Our spies, magical diviners and seers? Looking down at my desk I am consumed by a feeling of righteous anger; a feeling I have not had since Icecrown. No, not revenge. Retribution. I cannot sit by and let this go unanswered. The Horde will pay for this atrocity.

re: Officer's Journal Entry #599

The list of atrocities and crimes against the Horde and Alliance that Garrosh has committed continue to build. The Vale of Eternal Blossoms, a place of peace and harmony that is sacred to the Pandaren has been desecrated and scarred permanently by his lust for power. The excavation he ordered the goblins to do has unearthed something long buried for millennia. A Titan prison containing an Old God. With it weakened, he sought to plunge the heart of Y'sarrj into the pristine waters of the Vale. The leader of the Shado-pan attemped to stop him, but failed. And now as I look out upon the Vale from the Shrine nearby, I see nothing but a blackened, smoking scar of a land that was once pristine and pure. Even the water here is not safe; the corruption has sunk so deep into the well that some fear it may be permanently tainted for all time. I have signed orders for Commander Taldrus to gather a team of volunteers to venture under the Well and confirm the taint and if possible, cleanse it. King Varian has given the order to sail for Orgrimmar. What we have prepared for so long will come to pass. We will lay siege to the Horde capital, and remove Garrosh from power. Given the fortifications he has constructed, this will be costly in materiel and soldiers. I do not relish the coming conflict, but it must be done. He must be held accountable and pay the price for his actions.

re: Officer's Journal # 612

(the ink is smudged in places, water spots dot the page) Etsiyona Bearwalker is dead. She took a bolt of dark energy in the chest that was meant for me. While we were fighting Garrosh a dark shaman took advantage of my distraction and attempted to shoot me in the back. It is a testament to her determination and power that she was able to stave off the pain and wound until we were able to finally bring him down. None of our healers were able to heal or save her. Not even Mauvanah, a very capable druidic healer in her own right; nor Arialynn's impassioned prayers to the Light. We have gained a victory over the Horde tonight, but at what cost? We have lost a valiant warrior; an unwavering pillar of practicality; a guardian that has no knowledge of rest. I have known Etsiyona for years; we have seen and fought together our share of enemies, and each other at times as well. And now she is gone, rejoined the druidic cycle of life, death, and rebirth. I took her body to Moonglade, where the druids will take possession of the shell that held her spirit. She would have wanted it that way. Where does it end? How many more must die before there is peace? I fear I will never know the answer; and if I did, would I feel better about watching more of my friends die? I think not. May the Light give you peace and illuminate your next journey, Elli.

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: